We are always looking for new talent to join our team. If you are interested in pursuing a career in interior design and management, remodeling (residential remodeling, design build, and commercial), have an avid interest in organization, schedule and budget management, client relations, we would like to meet you. Submit your resume through our contact form to connect with our team today.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
DESIGN ASSISTANT (UNPAID INTERNSHIP)
Areté Renovators Inc. is a 20-year-old family business specializing in interior residential and commercial remodeling, primarily design and build projects. Areté Renovators has successfully completed over one thousand remodeling projects throughout the Chicagoland area, working in 60% of Chicago’s downtown high rises. Areté means “quality” in Ancient Greek. Since 2001, we have built a reputation of quality in workmanship, customer service, project management, and reliability.
Areté Renovators is a full design build company offering general contracting services for all your remodeling, design, and building needs through our design showroom Areté The Art of Design. We manage all aspects of the project including obtaining city permits, completing association paperwork for project approval, design services, purchasing and delivering of materials, installation, and maintenance.
From small scale projects such as gut rehabs and kitchen remodels, to building houses from the ground up, our team of skilled professionals, with the union of carpenters, electricians, and plumbers is well prepared for the most challenging real estate projects.
This position will assist our Design Team with various projects and initiatives. The position can be flexible between PT and FT hours and will potentially turn in to full time employment for the right candidate. Preference will be given to applicants with reliable transportation. This position will require in office days at our showroom (3821 W Montrose Ave) and potential job site visits.
- Maintain folders/files through our project management software (CoConstruct) and file server (One Drive) with all applicable paperwork, signed contracts, project photos, material spec sheets, estimates, etc.
- Visit jobsites with the design team for measurements and client meetings
- Assist the design team in setting up for client material selections by pulling samples and preparing sales packet
- Assist the marketing team with showroom specific promotions and needs
- Network with member organizations and new connections to drive business
- Maintain showroom organization by updating samples, cycling out discontinued material, storage of active project material orders
- Research new programs/systems to increase efficiency
- Creative creation of client moodboards through the use of Canva and Houzz
- Capable of maintaining a high level of organization
- Ability to work under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and rearrange priorities as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work and make a decision with limited supervision
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (both written and verbally) with internal and external customers
- Must provide own laptop – cloud based software access to be provided by Arete Renovators
- Students pursuing a design degree preferred