Areté The Art of Design is the premier showroom and design center for Areté Renovators. We have completed over 1500 remodeling projects in nearly 60% of Chicago’s downtown high rises. Areté opened the showroom as a way to bring the design experience full circle for our clients. The showroom allows us to be a “one stop shop” by providing design and material selection with install and full project management by our sister company Areté Renovators.
We are looking to add a CAD Drafter with a strong background in construction to our team to assist our in house designers with AutoCAD and SketchUp drawings for kitchen and bathroom remodel projects.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A 1099 POSITION. CANDIDATE MUST HAVE THEIR OWN TRANSPORTATION. THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE REGULAR TRAVEL TO JOB SITES WITHIN CHICAGO AND NEIGHBORING SUBURBS.
As a CAD Drafter you will take measurements and create layouts to present to clients (including design revisions). This position requires a candidate who has excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, multitasking and project management skills. You will be working in a team environment as well as working with our installers.
Regular travel to job sites will be required to obtain measurements, meet with clients, interact with installers/coordinators on progress and drawing discrepancies/changes/issues, etc.
EXPERIENCE WITH AutoCAD, SketchUp, AND A BACKGROUND IN CONSTRUCTION IS REQUIRED.
- 5+ years of AutoCAD, SketchUp and design experience
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- excellent verbal and written communication
- attention to detail
- ability to stay organized and self-motivated
- true team player – reliable and dependable
- ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and adjust accordingly
- strong work ethic and “can do” attitude
- ability to take initiative and demonstrate professional maturity
- ability to be flexible with work hours – some days starting early, some days starting late, if needed
- general knowledge of electrical/mechanical codes and requirements
- follow projects from conception to implementation, while maintaining a strong rapport with all clients and vendors
- assist design team with daily tasks as needed
- obtain on-site measurements for new client projects
- organize client photographs and notes throughout projects, create detailed meeting summaries from client meetings
- collaborate on finish schedules for projects
- draw design concepts and installation drawings in AutoCAD and SketchUp
- create dimensioned plan views and elevations
- update design deliverables during change orders on projects
- communicate with team to confirm design details, measurements, etc.
- visit project sites throughout the duration of the project, relay project progress to design team